Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Favorite Things: 16


Books turned into movies. I love to read, mostly fiction but to learn as well. I don't have a favorite book. I do have some favorite book-to-movie sets. The Firm by John Grisham is one of the first times I remember reading a book and then seeing the movie. I always enjoy a Jane Austen novel turned movie. Emma and Pride and Prejudice (2005) top that list. We have been watching Flash Forward and I just realized it was a book first. I look forward to reading it though I am always disappointed if I see the movie first. It takes away my ability to use my imagination on the characters. I eagerly anticipate sharing this tradition with my girls. I got to do a trial run on some girls I nannied and it was interesting to see the ones they enjoyed more than others.

I am a real paper, real pages kind of reader but I am converting to the ways of the Kindle. It is much more conducive to motherhood and certainly more convenient to carry. I am working through my "to read" pile of real books and doubt I will purchase anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Bradley Flog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template