Tuesday, June 22, 2010

30


30 years ago my mom went through the shortest labor EVER and my dad got to deliver me. A win for all involved. Many people asked me over the last week "what are you doing for your birthday?" I'm not a big holiday celebrator. I am trying to embrace it for my kids but when it comes to me I just don't care. Kate was fully boggled that we didn't have cake and a present to open. It was a good chance to explain that not all gifts come in packages. Example: 3 years ago my in-laws were visiting on my birthday and my MIL asked what I wanted to do for my special day. I told her I wanted to be alone with my 1 month old baby. We had visitors for the first 5 full weeks of her life and I was ready to get to know Kate. It was a fantastic day.
Today I had nothing unusual planned. We were told of a park to explore and I planned to go for a run. It turned into one of those park days that you want to last forever. The kids were awesome, the weather was awesome, it just flowed (with the help of birthday coffee and homemade cupcakes, thanks Dags!). This was followed by some quiet downtime at home and then off to the Turner's for a run trade (we each have kids so one runs while the other babysits, and then swap). My run was excellent even in the warm weather. Then an old friend showed up unexpected and we all went out to dinner (the hubby joined the day at this point). After a late, but quick bedtime routine I am now right where I want to be: on the deck with a glass of wine and a good book (that I will get to in a moment..). For not planning anything special this was a pretty darn good day.
My favorite birthday well wish of today: You're going to love the 30's! - Thanks Amy, that's just what I wanted to here!

4 comments:

DRC on June 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM said...

Muffins. When you call them muffins it means they are good for you.

Stacey on June 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Cheers to the 30's they are fabulous!

Amanda on June 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM said...

I can't believe I forgot to tell you in person yesterday... Happy birthday!!!

Kristi said...

and to think, we only sang happy birthday to you 15 times. :) I'm glad you had an awesome day!

Post a Comment

 

The Bradley Flog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template