Friday, January 16, 2015

Drawer and Spoon. And Pinwheel


Drawer and Spoon
While Scott has been out of town the girls have taken turns sleeping on his side of our bed (i.e. smashed up against me so close they might as well be in utero again). One night on Leia's turn this conversation happend:
Leia: "Mom can we snuggle?"
Me: "Yes"
Leia: "Okay but we should face away from each other so we don't smell each other's breath."
Me:"That sounds wise." "I'll be the big spoon, you be the little spoon."
Leia: "How about you be the drawer and I be the little spoon?"
Me: "Sure kid."

Pinwheel
I have always described sleeping with my youngest daughter as "sleeping with a pinwheel." She does not stay in one place and has an amazing ability to kick me in the chest while dead asleep. My last experience sleeping in a bed with her has led me to a new definition of her pinwheel antics. This time she snuggled up against me so close that once she was fast asleep I moved to Scott's side of the bed to sleep. Like a heat seeking missle, a few hours later she was snuggled up against me again scooting me off the bed and back to where I had begun. On my own side. Now I am the pinwheel. It's exhausting having Scott be away on business!

1 comments:

Unknown on January 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM said...

You'll cherish these memories - - - someday.

Post a Comment

 

The Bradley Flog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template