Monday, April 26, 2010

Freshing Up


For a long while I have been wanting to reupholster the dining room chairs. I saw a friend do hers and decided I was skilled enough with a staple gun to take it on. What I failed to take into account (when this still seemed like a romantic idea) was that our chairs have fabric on the backs and seats. All of a sudden this wasn't an afternoon project. I finally bit the bullet and bought fabric....which then sat on my counter taunting me for 2 months. A few days ago I decided it was time to tackle the project. After getting the first chair apart I discovered there was sewing involved, that's never a good sign with me. I forged ahead anyway. 4 days later and a smattering of staple gun fury I have 1 chair finished. That's right, 1 chair. I can proudly say however that 2 more are mid process and all the material is cut. With a little more staple gun fury tomorrow I hope to finish two more chairs. Here is my 1/4 finished project.



And these things had better stay together because I have no desire to do this again!

3 comments:

Papa Scott said...

Awesome jobs. That's the third time they have been reupholstered.

Marianne Elixir on April 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM said...

Very well done! They look great. I really like the fabric. Hope you enjoy the staple gun fury today.

Unknown on April 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM said...

Scott- I knew it was at least the second time. I am clearly not as talented as Kate but I think they will hold.

Marianne- You were the friend who inspired me. Too bad that inspiration was a few years ago and I am just now getting around to the project. =)

Post a Comment

 

The Bradley Flog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template