Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kate Reading


Kate does really well at memorizing. She "read" this book to me the other night and her voice is so cute I thought I would share. I am including the words since she is hard to understand. And at one point she ad libs, which is a bit confusing.



I THINK ABOUT GOD: Two Stories About My Day
WHY
Tell me, Mother, tell me why...Why do birds stay in the sky?
And why are grown up people tall, while Jean and John and I are small?
Why does the rain fall? Why does the moon shine?
Why do the clouds move? Why does the wind whine?
Why does it get dark? Why is a puddle wet?
Why is the snow white? And why does the sun set?
Why does baby cry? Why do I yawn?
Why do I sleep at night and wake up with the dawn?
Little child, I'll tell you why: God wills all these things to be.
He made the earth and sea and sky, just as he made you and me.

I DO MY BEST
The sun peeps in to wake me. I jump up from my rest.
(this is where the ad libbing happens!)
I promise God that all day long I'll do my very best.
I wash my face and brush my teeth. I comb my hair, I try.
I put away the slippy soap and spread the towel to dry.
I help to get my breakfast. My big pink bowl I find.
I pour the cereal carefully- I like the popping kind!
I stand beside my mother while she washes baby Tim.
Sometimes I take the fluffy puff and help to powder him.
It's time to put my coat on. Off to the store we start.
I help to carry packages and push the shopping cart.
Back home, I color pictures. I do the best I can.
Today I drew some tigers and a very funny man.
Soon it's time for bed again. I talk to God and say,
"Help me to do my very best to please you every day."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. thanks for sharing. She is very good at memorizing and the ad-libbing is so interesting. What a wonderful smart little girl. Uncle Chuck

Marley Bearden said...

I did a google search for a book my daughter used to 'read' to me when she was a 2 year old and came across this. The one about 'the sun peeps in to wake me' is the one she 'read' to me. Listening to your little girl brought back a lovely memory! Thanks for sharing. My little girl is 32 now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me the Author of the book I do my best,please?

Post a Comment

 

The Bradley Flog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template